Skip to main content

Yard House Review (Meridian, ID)

My wife and I went to The Yard House in Meridian for a birthday dinner, and we had a good time there. So here is another review. When we arrived we were taken to our table and the place was packed. The restaurant was pretty dark so I couldn't really see much there. The bathrooms there are one of the nicest bathrooms I have every been in to use.
Anyways, so we ordered a half yard of German wheat beer I can't even pronounce, it was very good! The beer cost me about $15.
We ordered the spicy Calamari which was called the Kung Pao Calamari.  This was really good, had a nice kick to it but not spicy at all.  It was sweet and the walnuts tasted awesome. We also had a choice of brown rice or jasmine rice. We chose the brown rice and normally I don't like brown rice but I thought this was really good.
For Dinner my wife ordered the St. Louis Style Ribs which had great flavor and BBQ sauce. The meet was tender and came off as it was supposed to.  The end of the ribs were burnt but its OK we like burnt ends.
I ordered the Steak and Shrimp which was a 12 ounce rib-eye steak cooked well done and there were 3 pieces of shrimp. The steak was alright with no seasoning.  I should have gotten medium so I could have a little juice but there was not fat from the rib-eye so it wasn't juicy. The shrimp was plain and it came with garlic mashed potatoes  and green beans.  The mashed potatoes were kind of dry and I really didn't taste any garlic. The beans were oily, I would prefer them to be steamed instead. I was a little disappointed in the meal.
There service there was excellent and the waitress was very friendly. I was very impressed by the service and getting our food out in a timely manner. Overall I would go there again and try some of their seafood specials. The food was a little on the pricey side but if you enjoy an environment that is more like a night club restaurant you should check them out. Below is their website and the address of the restaurant I went to. I hope you enjoyed this review and until next time:) I'm Kevin Phithak and thanks for reading Kevin's Food Corner.

http://www.yardhouse.com/ID/meridian-restaurant/
3693 E. Longwing Lane, Meridian, ID 83642
208-288-0990


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 Toyota RAV4

We purchased a 2018 Toyota RAV4 SE AWD model in December. Well 4 months into it and the vehicle has been an awesome buy. 2200 miles has been put, gas mileage is great, averaging 24 mph in town. In the snow this vehicle feels heavy and even with the summer tires on, it handle great! No complaints so far, well maybe a little, more of a issue with myself than anything. I don't like the stitching for the interior being orange. I don't get what the orange stitching is all about, would of preferred red or  black. I love all the safety features this car offers, the dynamic cruise control keeps you at a distance and you can set it to what ever you want. The safety feature that is my favorite is the lane departure alert that is part of the Toyota safety sense. Keeps you in the lane and if you are driving long distance, we all know how we sometimes drift off. The backup camera on this is perfect, nice size for the screen, the lines are pretty direct on how it guides you to ...

Some Cancellations

Looks like my Portland trip will not be happening this month, unfortunately I have a family issue that will need to be taken care of first since family is important. I will have to figure out another time to go out there and see my friends while enjoying the city. I will try to put together my article on my city and state here in the next couple of weeks. I have just been really busy with things here at home so I will try to send it out shortly.

Utah Life

Utah, home of the honeybees and Mormons. No offense, every time I come here, I feel just like I am in Boise. I do love going to Salt Lake city to see family and the places you can go. People say Salt Lake has nothing to do but I will say there is plenty. I never get to do everything I want there. There is a good population of people from all ethnicities and that brings in all kinds of food. We stayed in West Valley where there is a good amount of Asian food and Mexican food in that area off of Redwood. Kim Thanh market has pretty good Banh Mi sandwiches that we used to take with us to Lagoon in Farmington. Lagoon is a pretty good place to go for a whole day to do rides and hang out in the water park. You also get a chance to look at some history of the pioneer days with old homes, what a small town might of looked like. Lots of culture to take in the park. I noticed there were a lot of company parties there and that would of been awesome if I was someone living there and we had co...