Skip to main content

Yard House Review (Meridian, ID)

My wife and I went to The Yard House in Meridian for a birthday dinner, and we had a good time there. So here is another review. When we arrived we were taken to our table and the place was packed. The restaurant was pretty dark so I couldn't really see much there. The bathrooms there are one of the nicest bathrooms I have every been in to use.
Anyways, so we ordered a half yard of German wheat beer I can't even pronounce, it was very good! The beer cost me about $15.
We ordered the spicy Calamari which was called the Kung Pao Calamari.  This was really good, had a nice kick to it but not spicy at all.  It was sweet and the walnuts tasted awesome. We also had a choice of brown rice or jasmine rice. We chose the brown rice and normally I don't like brown rice but I thought this was really good.
For Dinner my wife ordered the St. Louis Style Ribs which had great flavor and BBQ sauce. The meet was tender and came off as it was supposed to.  The end of the ribs were burnt but its OK we like burnt ends.
I ordered the Steak and Shrimp which was a 12 ounce rib-eye steak cooked well done and there were 3 pieces of shrimp. The steak was alright with no seasoning.  I should have gotten medium so I could have a little juice but there was not fat from the rib-eye so it wasn't juicy. The shrimp was plain and it came with garlic mashed potatoes  and green beans.  The mashed potatoes were kind of dry and I really didn't taste any garlic. The beans were oily, I would prefer them to be steamed instead. I was a little disappointed in the meal.
There service there was excellent and the waitress was very friendly. I was very impressed by the service and getting our food out in a timely manner. Overall I would go there again and try some of their seafood specials. The food was a little on the pricey side but if you enjoy an environment that is more like a night club restaurant you should check them out. Below is their website and the address of the restaurant I went to. I hope you enjoyed this review and until next time:) I'm Kevin Phithak and thanks for reading Kevin's Food Corner.

http://www.yardhouse.com/ID/meridian-restaurant/
3693 E. Longwing Lane, Meridian, ID 83642
208-288-0990


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links.  Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon.  1 Pork Tenderloins 1/2 cup dark soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup of ketchup 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1/4 cup of Chinese rice wine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce   1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual) After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 p