Skip to main content

Bodacious Pig Review (Eagle,ID)

So last week my family and I went to the Bodacious Pig in downtown Eagle.  When we arrived, the restaurant was empty, the employees were friendly and the restaurant was clean and elegant. We sat down where ever we wanted to and the only thing I can really gripe about is that it was cold in the restaurant. Their system computer was down so they had a hard time taking orders and payments.


We ordered some beverages, I had a really good wheat beer call something blonde. I ordered the combination three meat of your choosing.  I chose the ribs, tri tip, and half chicken with my sides of mac and cheese and a baked potato.  It also came with garlic bread and I also ordered an appetizers stuffed potato skins. I know, I know more potatoes right? I just love eating potatoes. so it took a while for us to get our meals and I think the wait was around 30 to 45 minutes. As we were waiting, I started to notice the restaurant starting to get packed with people. I was anxiously waiting as I could see some of the food come out and it looked awesome. The waitresses and everyone was friendly even though service took a while to get our order in.
When it came, the food looked awesome! We asked for some spicy BBQ sauce and we got some and mixed it in with the BBQ sauce on the table so it could be sweet and spicy just the way I like it. The appetizer did come with the meals so I had the appetizer first.The stuffed potato was pretty good with sloppy joe meat on top of the potato which was split into two. It was a pretty big amount of stuffing with sour cream on top. After having some of the appetizer I dug into the ribs and they were St. Louis style ribs not baby back which meant more meat on the bone and that first bite was sweet. You can taste the smokiness from the rib along with the seasoning and the mix of my BBQ sauce. It was nice and tender, perfect rib where you bite into it and it comes off the bone.  Now with ribs you don't wan the meat to fall of the bone because it would be too soggy. That meat needs to stay on the bone and come off as you bite into it. You also look for the pink ring around the rib as you bite and that lets you know how its been cooked.
The next meat to try was the tri tip and the meat was superb, tender, not chewy, and it came apart nice and easy without being soggy.  You can see the ring around the meat for the smoke flavor. The baked potato was nice and soft with sour cream and chives.  It was very good.  The mac and cheese was good also.  Now to be honest I am not a mac and cheese kind of guy but I actually like it because it was not creamy and it was kind of bland for me so I had a taste of more of the noodle. If your looking for mac and cheese to be creamy and cheesy, then this is probably not for you.  Now I had a little bit of the half chicken and the seasoning on it was excellent.  It was tender but kind of oily so I didn't eat too much of it.  The skin on the chicken was also soggy and not crispy as how I would of like it.
Overall this restaurant would get another visit from me as I though the food was pretty good. There could always be room for improvement with service and organization but overall I would definitely go back for the ribs as I thought they were the best in town. 
If you would like to try and check this place out.  Here is their website to go to and their address.  I hope you enjoyed this review and hope you enjoy this restaurant as I did.

http://bodaciouspig.com
34 E State St, Eagle, ID 83616
(208) 514-0068

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links.  Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon.  1 Pork Tenderloins 1/2 cup dark soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup of ketchup 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1/4 cup of Chinese rice wine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce   1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual) After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 p