Skip to main content

Bodacious Pig Review (Eagle,ID)

So last week my family and I went to the Bodacious Pig in downtown Eagle.  When we arrived, the restaurant was empty, the employees were friendly and the restaurant was clean and elegant. We sat down where ever we wanted to and the only thing I can really gripe about is that it was cold in the restaurant. Their system computer was down so they had a hard time taking orders and payments.


We ordered some beverages, I had a really good wheat beer call something blonde. I ordered the combination three meat of your choosing.  I chose the ribs, tri tip, and half chicken with my sides of mac and cheese and a baked potato.  It also came with garlic bread and I also ordered an appetizers stuffed potato skins. I know, I know more potatoes right? I just love eating potatoes. so it took a while for us to get our meals and I think the wait was around 30 to 45 minutes. As we were waiting, I started to notice the restaurant starting to get packed with people. I was anxiously waiting as I could see some of the food come out and it looked awesome. The waitresses and everyone was friendly even though service took a while to get our order in.
When it came, the food looked awesome! We asked for some spicy BBQ sauce and we got some and mixed it in with the BBQ sauce on the table so it could be sweet and spicy just the way I like it. The appetizer did come with the meals so I had the appetizer first.The stuffed potato was pretty good with sloppy joe meat on top of the potato which was split into two. It was a pretty big amount of stuffing with sour cream on top. After having some of the appetizer I dug into the ribs and they were St. Louis style ribs not baby back which meant more meat on the bone and that first bite was sweet. You can taste the smokiness from the rib along with the seasoning and the mix of my BBQ sauce. It was nice and tender, perfect rib where you bite into it and it comes off the bone.  Now with ribs you don't wan the meat to fall of the bone because it would be too soggy. That meat needs to stay on the bone and come off as you bite into it. You also look for the pink ring around the rib as you bite and that lets you know how its been cooked.
The next meat to try was the tri tip and the meat was superb, tender, not chewy, and it came apart nice and easy without being soggy.  You can see the ring around the meat for the smoke flavor. The baked potato was nice and soft with sour cream and chives.  It was very good.  The mac and cheese was good also.  Now to be honest I am not a mac and cheese kind of guy but I actually like it because it was not creamy and it was kind of bland for me so I had a taste of more of the noodle. If your looking for mac and cheese to be creamy and cheesy, then this is probably not for you.  Now I had a little bit of the half chicken and the seasoning on it was excellent.  It was tender but kind of oily so I didn't eat too much of it.  The skin on the chicken was also soggy and not crispy as how I would of like it.
Overall this restaurant would get another visit from me as I though the food was pretty good. There could always be room for improvement with service and organization but overall I would definitely go back for the ribs as I thought they were the best in town. 
If you would like to try and check this place out.  Here is their website to go to and their address.  I hope you enjoyed this review and hope you enjoy this restaurant as I did.

http://bodaciouspig.com
34 E State St, Eagle, ID 83616
(208) 514-0068

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 Toyota RAV4

We purchased a 2018 Toyota RAV4 SE AWD model in December. Well 4 months into it and the vehicle has been an awesome buy. 2200 miles has been put, gas mileage is great, averaging 24 mph in town. In the snow this vehicle feels heavy and even with the summer tires on, it handle great! No complaints so far, well maybe a little, more of a issue with myself than anything. I don't like the stitching for the interior being orange. I don't get what the orange stitching is all about, would of preferred red or  black. I love all the safety features this car offers, the dynamic cruise control keeps you at a distance and you can set it to what ever you want. The safety feature that is my favorite is the lane departure alert that is part of the Toyota safety sense. Keeps you in the lane and if you are driving long distance, we all know how we sometimes drift off. The backup camera on this is perfect, nice size for the screen, the lines are pretty direct on how it guides you to ...

Some Cancellations

Looks like my Portland trip will not be happening this month, unfortunately I have a family issue that will need to be taken care of first since family is important. I will have to figure out another time to go out there and see my friends while enjoying the city. I will try to put together my article on my city and state here in the next couple of weeks. I have just been really busy with things here at home so I will try to send it out shortly.

Utah Life

Utah, home of the honeybees and Mormons. No offense, every time I come here, I feel just like I am in Boise. I do love going to Salt Lake city to see family and the places you can go. People say Salt Lake has nothing to do but I will say there is plenty. I never get to do everything I want there. There is a good population of people from all ethnicities and that brings in all kinds of food. We stayed in West Valley where there is a good amount of Asian food and Mexican food in that area off of Redwood. Kim Thanh market has pretty good Banh Mi sandwiches that we used to take with us to Lagoon in Farmington. Lagoon is a pretty good place to go for a whole day to do rides and hang out in the water park. You also get a chance to look at some history of the pioneer days with old homes, what a small town might of looked like. Lots of culture to take in the park. I noticed there were a lot of company parties there and that would of been awesome if I was someone living there and we had co...