Skip to main content

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - Warning may have Spoilers in article.


My first impressions of the show was that it was kind of awkward, I didn't know what to really think about the characters. I think that Wendell Pierce was over weight to be an agent and on top of that a field agent. He may of been more suited to just stay at the office. John Krasinski was kind of weird for me at first because I can only see him as the dude from the Office, but after a while he grew on to me.   Jack Ryan gives me the impression that he is an arrogant self righteous guy who only seems to do things that are right for only him. He represents a honest person that only wants to do things the right way and not bend the rules, but in the end if its for the good and the rules are bent slightly to save lives, he will go with it. You have him one time go over his boss to put a hold on an account with out his superiors consent and then on the other hand he doesn't want to deal with criminals or be involved with killing someone just to find his enemies family before they do. Then theres the interrogation room where he can't stand to watch the terrorist get tortured for information and decides to take another approach.

When he finds out the gentleman he has been talking to is the next Osama Bin Laden, he works hard to find a way to get to him. To get in his head, he will need to go through all the evidence and find the players that are a part of his organization. Its a thriller and fast paced with lots of action. There were spots of the movie I hated and it made you sympathize with the terrorists of how they are looked at or treated. The story gives you a reason of why Suleiman is mass murdering and killing for Islam. To be the messiah of his people. In the story Ryan finds someone he can be himself with after she finds out his secret of what he does. Their lives intertwine as Cathy is doing a research on certain diseases and Ryan's terrorists are using it as a biological weapon.

The hunt is on and only Jack can figure it out, as he tries to live with his decisions to go on while dealing with his own past giving him nightmares. Jack shares these nightmares with Cathy to let her know how important she is to him and for her to get closer. Cathy wants to know more about him as she sees all the scars on his body. 
 If you are wanting to watch something and binge on it, I recommend you give Jack Ryan a try. Espionage with terrorism mixed with intelligence gives you a different outlook as there are other stories in this show that I didn't touch on as I wanted you to see for yourself. Enjoy it as I did and maybe you come out of this with a different perspective than me. That is whats so great about watching a show and seeing a different point of view. 
Jack Ryan is on Prime only and all the pictures were taken from the movie. If you don't have a Prime account, just click on any of these pictures or the word Prime and you can get hooked up with them through me with 50% off on Prime. Enjoy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links.  Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon.  1 Pork Tenderloins 1/2 cup dark soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup of ketchup 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1/4 cup of Chinese rice wine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce   1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual) After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 p