Skip to main content

Pasta with Ribeye steak!

Creamy Pasta with Steak


If you like creamy pasta with flavorful steak, you might wanna give this a try. Its one of my daughters's favorite dishes that I make and they love it.  

Here is a list of ingredients: 
1 box Penne Pasta
1 cup of Sun dried tomato
1-2 cups of cheese, I use Romano, pecorino, or parmesan or a mix
2 rib eye steaks
1 smal carton of heavy cream
1 red bell pepper
1 cup of mushrooms sliced
3 cloves of garlic diced
1 shallot



For seasoning the steak if you decide to are:
1 table spoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
mesquite smoky flavor 
1/3 of a cup of oyster sauce
4 cloves of garlic diced
1 teaspoon of black pepper or white pepper is fine

You will mix all the seasoning into a bowl and then rub the marinade on the steak and make sure you get the creases. Set this aside and start prepping your pasta. 

Boil a pot of water for you pasta and get your pasta to your preference, I prefer it to be pretty soft so that the sauce soaks into the pasta. 

Start dicing your vegetables into slices for the red bell pepper, you can cut the sun-dried tomatoes if they are too big. Dice the garlic cloves up and when you are ready to make the sauce it should all be ready. 

Once your pasta is ready get it out and drain it then set it aside. Before you start your sauce, get your grill ready and start grilling your steaks at this point. I usually sear them on each side for about 4 minutes to get mine a medium well with a nice colored pink inside. Once you are finished with the steak, let it rest, and its time to start your sauce. Start by putting in a tablespoon of olive oil to get the pan hot. Then put the diced garlic in with the diced shallots. Let it cook for a minute or two and then put in the sliced bell peppers with mushrooms. Mix the two until they cook. You will know when it is cooked as the moisture of the mushrooms make them smaller and they start to brown a little. After you have it all cooked, throw in your cup of sun dried tomatoes and mix that in. next you will be adding a little bit of heavy cream slowly until you get the amount you need. Usually half of the small carton of heavy cream is all I need. Once you mix all that together, you will need to wait until it boils and then put your cheese in, now at this point it is all your preference on how much cheese you may want. I only toss in a hand full, but you are more than welcome to put more. Remember, how much cheese you put in will mess with the thickness and you may want more cream added. Now there are a few things you can do at this point, you can throw the whole pasta into the sauce pan and mix everything together or you can choose to toss as you want to serve. Once you have it all tossed, you can start cutting the steak up and I usually like to cut them into cubes so that I can place them on the plate or on top of the mixed pasta.  
You should now have a beautiful pasta that you can eat and enjoy with a glass of wine. I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I love to cook and entertain guests so if you are in my neck of the woods, contact me and I would be honored to show you around or just cook a meal!



Bibium B2C BannerGeekBuying.compe=4&gridnum=13" />

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links.  Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon.  1 Pork Tenderloins 1/2 cup dark soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup of ketchup 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1/4 cup of Chinese rice wine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce   1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual) After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 p