Skip to main content

Pasta with Ribeye steak!

Creamy Pasta with Steak


If you like creamy pasta with flavorful steak, you might wanna give this a try. Its one of my daughters's favorite dishes that I make and they love it.  

Here is a list of ingredients: 
1 box Penne Pasta
1 cup of Sun dried tomato
1-2 cups of cheese, I use Romano, pecorino, or parmesan or a mix
2 rib eye steaks
1 smal carton of heavy cream
1 red bell pepper
1 cup of mushrooms sliced
3 cloves of garlic diced
1 shallot



For seasoning the steak if you decide to are:
1 table spoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of onion powder
mesquite smoky flavor 
1/3 of a cup of oyster sauce
4 cloves of garlic diced
1 teaspoon of black pepper or white pepper is fine

You will mix all the seasoning into a bowl and then rub the marinade on the steak and make sure you get the creases. Set this aside and start prepping your pasta. 

Boil a pot of water for you pasta and get your pasta to your preference, I prefer it to be pretty soft so that the sauce soaks into the pasta. 

Start dicing your vegetables into slices for the red bell pepper, you can cut the sun-dried tomatoes if they are too big. Dice the garlic cloves up and when you are ready to make the sauce it should all be ready. 

Once your pasta is ready get it out and drain it then set it aside. Before you start your sauce, get your grill ready and start grilling your steaks at this point. I usually sear them on each side for about 4 minutes to get mine a medium well with a nice colored pink inside. Once you are finished with the steak, let it rest, and its time to start your sauce. Start by putting in a tablespoon of olive oil to get the pan hot. Then put the diced garlic in with the diced shallots. Let it cook for a minute or two and then put in the sliced bell peppers with mushrooms. Mix the two until they cook. You will know when it is cooked as the moisture of the mushrooms make them smaller and they start to brown a little. After you have it all cooked, throw in your cup of sun dried tomatoes and mix that in. next you will be adding a little bit of heavy cream slowly until you get the amount you need. Usually half of the small carton of heavy cream is all I need. Once you mix all that together, you will need to wait until it boils and then put your cheese in, now at this point it is all your preference on how much cheese you may want. I only toss in a hand full, but you are more than welcome to put more. Remember, how much cheese you put in will mess with the thickness and you may want more cream added. Now there are a few things you can do at this point, you can throw the whole pasta into the sauce pan and mix everything together or you can choose to toss as you want to serve. Once you have it all tossed, you can start cutting the steak up and I usually like to cut them into cubes so that I can place them on the plate or on top of the mixed pasta.  
You should now have a beautiful pasta that you can eat and enjoy with a glass of wine. I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I love to cook and entertain guests so if you are in my neck of the woods, contact me and I would be honored to show you around or just cook a meal!



Bibium B2C BannerGeekBuying.compe=4&gridnum=13" />

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Cancellations

Looks like my Portland trip will not be happening this month, unfortunately I have a family issue that will need to be taken care of first since family is important. I will have to figure out another time to go out there and see my friends while enjoying the city. I will try to put together my article on my city and state here in the next couple of weeks. I have just been really busy with things here at home so I will try to send it out shortly.

2018 Toyota RAV4

We purchased a 2018 Toyota RAV4 SE AWD model in December. Well 4 months into it and the vehicle has been an awesome buy. 2200 miles has been put, gas mileage is great, averaging 24 mph in town. In the snow this vehicle feels heavy and even with the summer tires on, it handle great! No complaints so far, well maybe a little, more of a issue with myself than anything. I don't like the stitching for the interior being orange. I don't get what the orange stitching is all about, would of preferred red or  black. I love all the safety features this car offers, the dynamic cruise control keeps you at a distance and you can set it to what ever you want. The safety feature that is my favorite is the lane departure alert that is part of the Toyota safety sense. Keeps you in the lane and if you are driving long distance, we all know how we sometimes drift off. The backup camera on this is perfect, nice size for the screen, the lines are pretty direct on how it guides you to ...

The Dumpling Inn

  The Dumpling Inn! Great place to have lunch! There are great choices in beers, and the food comes quick. We ordered some of the steamed dumplings that either had shrimp or pork. The one thing that I can say is you may want to order more than just one entree if you are eating dumplings. The fried rice and chow mein dishes are big portions. Very good, not too oily but delicious, and makes me feel like my mom's cooking good! If you like water dumplings, you might wanna check this place. "Give it a try and feel the hunger!" Edit 4625 Convoy St San Diego, CA 92111 b/t Opportunity Rd & Dagget St  Kearny Mesa http://www.dumplinginn.com