Skip to main content

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui

I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links. 

Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon. 
1 Pork Tenderloins
2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual)


After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 pieces so that you can later cut them into. pieces if you decide to use it as filling for the pork buns. The next thing was mixing all the ingredients into a pot so that you could warm the marinade to get the brown sugar and spices to dissolve a little and once its warm, you can just let it cool down.
The next thing is to put the pork loins in a bag so that you can put the marinade in. Once the marinade cools down a bit, keep a little air in the bag once you put the marinade in to cover the meat with it. once it is completely covered in the marinade you can take the air out and leave it in the fridge. The instructions say two at least leave it in the marinade for two hours, I left it in the marinade for over two days. 

My BBQ grill has 4 burners and I took two off after preheating it to cool the pork meat. I put my meat at the 2nd tier rack opposite of the burners. I cooked it for about  30 min and it came out perfect. I wanted the outside to be a little hard and the inside to be soft. Which it came out awesome. If you want the full directions click on the link below. 

To see more checkout my Youtube Channel!
To check out the full recipe I used click below!






To see the Videos on my Youtube Channel Click Here!

Comments