Skip to main content

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui

I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links. 

Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon. 
1 Pork Tenderloins
2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual)


After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 pieces so that you can later cut them into. pieces if you decide to use it as filling for the pork buns. The next thing was mixing all the ingredients into a pot so that you could warm the marinade to get the brown sugar and spices to dissolve a little and once its warm, you can just let it cool down.
The next thing is to put the pork loins in a bag so that you can put the marinade in. Once the marinade cools down a bit, keep a little air in the bag once you put the marinade in to cover the meat with it. once it is completely covered in the marinade you can take the air out and leave it in the fridge. The instructions say two at least leave it in the marinade for two hours, I left it in the marinade for over two days. 

My BBQ grill has 4 burners and I took two off after preheating it to cool the pork meat. I put my meat at the 2nd tier rack opposite of the burners. I cooked it for about  30 min and it came out perfect. I wanted the outside to be a little hard and the inside to be soft. Which it came out awesome. If you want the full directions click on the link below. 

To see more checkout my Youtube Channel!
To check out the full recipe I used click below!






To see the Videos on my Youtube Channel Click Here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Cancellations

Looks like my Portland trip will not be happening this month, unfortunately I have a family issue that will need to be taken care of first since family is important. I will have to figure out another time to go out there and see my friends while enjoying the city. I will try to put together my article on my city and state here in the next couple of weeks. I have just been really busy with things here at home so I will try to send it out shortly.

2018 Toyota RAV4

We purchased a 2018 Toyota RAV4 SE AWD model in December. Well 4 months into it and the vehicle has been an awesome buy. 2200 miles has been put, gas mileage is great, averaging 24 mph in town. In the snow this vehicle feels heavy and even with the summer tires on, it handle great! No complaints so far, well maybe a little, more of a issue with myself than anything. I don't like the stitching for the interior being orange. I don't get what the orange stitching is all about, would of preferred red or  black. I love all the safety features this car offers, the dynamic cruise control keeps you at a distance and you can set it to what ever you want. The safety feature that is my favorite is the lane departure alert that is part of the Toyota safety sense. Keeps you in the lane and if you are driving long distance, we all know how we sometimes drift off. The backup camera on this is perfect, nice size for the screen, the lines are pretty direct on how it guides you to ...

The Dumpling Inn

  The Dumpling Inn! Great place to have lunch! There are great choices in beers, and the food comes quick. We ordered some of the steamed dumplings that either had shrimp or pork. The one thing that I can say is you may want to order more than just one entree if you are eating dumplings. The fried rice and chow mein dishes are big portions. Very good, not too oily but delicious, and makes me feel like my mom's cooking good! If you like water dumplings, you might wanna check this place. "Give it a try and feel the hunger!" Edit 4625 Convoy St San Diego, CA 92111 b/t Opportunity Rd & Dagget St  Kearny Mesa http://www.dumplinginn.com