Skip to main content

Utah Life


Utah, home of the honeybees and Mormons. No offense, every time I come here, I feel just like I am in Boise. I do love going to Salt Lake city to see family and the places you can go. People say Salt Lake has nothing to do but I will say there is plenty. I never get to do everything I want there. There is a good population of people from all ethnicities and that brings in all kinds of food. We stayed in West Valley where there is a good amount of Asian food and Mexican food in that area off of Redwood. Kim Thanh market has pretty good Banh Mi sandwiches that we used to take with us to Lagoon in Farmington. Lagoon is a pretty good place to go for a whole day to do rides and hang out in the water park. You also get a chance to look at some history of the pioneer days with old homes, what a small town might of looked like. Lots of culture to take in the park. I noticed there were a lot of company parties there and that would of been awesome if I was someone living there and we had company picnics. Hardly any companies in Idaho will even do Roaring springs for their employees.
If you get a chance to walk around this part of the park, and you like history? This is the spot, my only thing I wish I did more was take more pictures of this place. Really cool old cars, smoker houses, post office, dentist, etc.... 



The rides were also pretty fun! I got to ride on the Wicked, Colossus, and the new Cannibal. The Roller Coaster was also fun. If you enjoy rides then you will enjoy Lagoon because there were a lot of rides that I did not go on but would have loved to. The wait time on these are not too bad so if you can wait for 30-40 min. you should be good or just take the shot line that is the ride alone line so you can just fill in where needed. Thats even quicker. 

 Cannibal has a very suspenseful first part of the ride where you are lifted up and then it shoots you down into a curve under and then shoots you back out to spin you upside down a few times into a twist. This is the new attraction for Lagoon so be ready to hit this hard! Make sure you leave everything out of your pockets or you will lose it.

 I have never been on the spider but it seems pretty cool, will be on my list the next time I go. But if you wait every 15 mins the giant spider will spit out water to keep you cool while you wait.
 My nieces and nephews love this ride so I had to go ride with them. They enjoyed every minute of it but for me it was just too much swinging back and forth.
 The Wicked is probably my favorite ride out of the park because it shoots you into the air and then brings you right down quick into twists. It is short but freaky fast and fun! I could ride this ride over and over.


My wife and I took one train ride around the park and the ride is kind of lame because the water in the pond is so dirty. It is filthy and you can smell it when you go through the tunnel. It was worth it to see the Siberian tiger, Lions, camels, and other animals that you would normally see in the zoo. Really neat kind of having almost everything in one spot, rides, waterpark, and animals.












Lagoon was awesome even though the sun burnt the crap out of me, first time its happened to me at Lagoon. There are other things to do and if you are an outdoor person you will love taking a trip up into the mountains to Silver Lake. The drive wasn't too bad as the roads were fairly smooth. The twists were ok, my wife was kind of wanting to puke but when we made it up, she was happy and she said it was well worth getting sick for. What a beautiful place to just hang out and get a breath of fresh air? The place is green and the trees are shading you in spots. Theres wildlife to see.


 There are so many spots to go to here and it is stunning with all the views around you. Snow still on the mountains. Weather was gorgeous up there hovering right around 75 degrees with a slight breeze. What is so nice about this is that it is free to the public with no fees for parking or entering the lake. You hear that Idaho? Wish we had more areas like this in Idaho.















 Got a little fixing for our boba tea from Tea Bar and Kung Fu Tea, great places for tea drinks. I always get passion fruit green tea, half sweet, less ice with mango jelly. One of my favorite teas. Lots of great places to eat also. We did hit up Eggs in the City for breakfast but we had to wait so long it became lunch. This place was a little dirty for me, overall the food was good, you have your usual Cholua, Sriracha, and Tabasco sauces. They do have their own but I didn't like it.








 Through a series of unfortunate events I did not get to do some of the things I wanted or go eat at some of the places I wanted, I will definitely be back.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links.  Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon.  1 Pork Tenderloins 1/2 cup dark soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup of ketchup 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1/4 cup of Chinese rice wine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce   1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual) After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 p