Skip to main content

Mad Mac

Mad Mac
7709 W Overland Rd. STE 120
Boise, ID 83709
801-900-3868

Photo of Mad Mac - Boise, ID, United States. Calavera Mac
Calavera Mac & Cheese
If you haven't been to Edwards cinemas off of Overland, now you have a reason. Mad Mac is a cool hangout that offers comfort food with a twist. I ordered a couple different Mac dishes and I can tell you they were all pretty good. The one that stood out to me was the southern comfort mac. This one had a great blend of cheeses that was nice and creamy. Loved the corn mixed in with the crispy bacon. The bacon cheeseburger mac was good also but the saltiness of the bacon overwhelm me and kind of took the flavors away. The calavera was ok, not big on the pico flavors. The chicken in it was very tender I have to admit. I even brought it up another notch by mixing the bacon cheeseburger with the southern comfort! Now that was awesome! The one thing I'm not to big on is that you get it in a Chinese style box with the ingredients on top, and not mixed together. I'd prefer it was mixed in together so the cheese would be on the ingredients too. I think the reason may be that they don't want the ingredients to be soggy but that's just my guess. Anyways give this spot a try, looks like a nice laid back place to hang out with your friends. "Give it a try and feel the hunger!"
Photo of Mad Mac - Boise, ID, United States. Bacon cheeseburger macPhoto of Mad Mac - Boise, ID, United States. Bacon cheeseburger mac
Bacon Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
Photo of Mad Mac - Boise, ID, United States. Hot dog Mac and cheese
Hot Dog Mac & Cheese
Photo of Mad Mac - Boise, ID, United States. Southern comfort mac
Southern Comfort Mac & Cheese
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Char Sui to Pork & Seeds

Char Sui I remember making this once but I don't remember trying someone else recipe but this time around I did use someone else's recipe and it came out great! I think the key to this was actually cooking it. I went to my local asian store to find the ingredients but I am sure if you don't want to leave your house you can get them here on Amazon through my links.  Ingredients to get: You can get these by clicking on them and purchasing on Amazon.  1 Pork Tenderloins 1/2 cup dark soy sauce 1/3 cup honey 1/3 cup of ketchup 1/3 cup of brown sugar 1/4 cup of Chinese rice wine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce   1 teaspoon of Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoons of red food coloring (Optional, I didn't use this as it did not add any flavor just visual) After getting these ingredients, I cut the tenderloins into 4 strips and you can even cut them just to two strips to make it bigger for when you slice it for pork and seeds or cut them into 4 p